13 September 2013

Woody Allen goes Black & White 1980



STARDUST MEMORIES by Woody Allen

Reminds me most of : Fellini's 8 1/2, except in the dialogue (which you cannot do without in a work of Woody, but maybe in a Fellini film).




Quoted dialogue//monologue which I think captures this movie most. Beside the humour, I would have an idealistic view contrasting much to Woody's role portrait here, but I think he says what he says in an spiritual manner. Interesting how he pressumes God's existence anyway! And captures the two true fields of creativity :-)


Woody /Sandy: -Who is this guy anyhow to rewrite the end of my movie? And sice when are all these guys involved? ... Every six months I meet a new group of studio heads.

some producer: -It's very disconcerting to me too, but you know, the mortality rate in this business is unbelievable.

Woody /Sandy: -I'll say it's like the Black Plague. Jesus!

(someone else: -I think you're wonderful! Can I have your autograph?)

Woody /Sandy: -I don't want anybody going to Jazz Heaven. That's a nitwit idea. The whole point of the movie is that nobody is saved.

some producer: -Sandy, this is an Easter film. We don't need a movie by an atheist.

Woody /Sandy: -To you I'm an atheist. To God I'm the loyal opposition.......

some producer: -I think you're being a little paranoid.

Woody /Sandy: -No, do you know what I'm being. I'm being realistic. You know, and that's why you don't like the movie.

some producer: -It's not a matter of what I like... Too much reality is not what people want.

Woody /Sandy: -Jazz heaven, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You can't control life, it doesn't wind up perfectly. Only art you can control, art and mastubation, two areas in which I am an absolute expert.






my SnowBlack Movie # 1333


Beautiful role: ISOBEL (Marie-Christine Barrault)

or Daisy or Dorrie


Wise role: Everyone or no one, could have been Sandy's analyst (Leonardo Cimino)

Exhausted role: SANDY (Woody Allen)

Explosive role: DORRIE (Charlotte Rampling)


Shy role: DAISY (Jessica Harper)

Crazy role: Everyone or no one, especially SHELLEY (Amy Wright)

Grumpy role(s): PASSENGERS ON THIS TRAIN (incl SANDY himself)

Happy role(s): PASSENGERS ON THE OTHER TRAIN (incl kissing girl)



6 Characters
4 Scenery
6 Camerawork

3 Thrill
5 Conflict
6 Humour

7 Psychology
5 Philosophy
5 Fantasy

5 Composition
5 Music
4 Concept

= 61


I now give 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, where 3 is good
and total possible 7 X 12 = 84 never exist(?)




wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment