17 July 2013

Lucky Lovich (one but not alone)


Lene Lovich is a new fantastic discovery for me!



my Summer Song # 1301


LUCKY NUMBER

with Lene Lovich
by Les Chappell and Lene Lovich

from Stateless 1979


Lovich in Live Version
not including every record sound, but give a good impression




interesting instrument : except her voice sometimes used like a bird, as well as different kind of drum beats and synth sounds flying by, I like most the piano in the unbeatable intro


main emotion : sharp but cozy craziness, with a happy touch of irony


lyrics line lingering : "This rearrangement suits me now I must confess // the number one was dull but number two is best"


similar songmakers : Kate Bush, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Nina Hagen, some Patti Smith, and even if not her intention I can hear alot of SPARKS too.


form of field : Seems completely unique, though realise many sounded like her on the border between 70's to 80's. Kinda punk with a nice girlishness dressed in gothic overtones...


role on record : THIRD, which frustrates me a bit :-) since the lyrics is about how Lovich loves number one and then number two, but never gets to number three...


my private picture : a girl sitting alone in a big candy store, tasting every bit shaped like either "0" or "1", and then getting company from a boy doing same procedure synchronically with her






wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment