03 June 2013

# 1 Record with Big Star

my Summer Album 13 : 1


Never discovered BIG STAR before. Their first record, made 1972, reminds me most of The Byrds, The Move and Travelling Wilbury's.

Bought this as a groundbreaking example of Power Pop, adviced by my friend, but so far I find Badfinger a much better example. Still it seems very hard to determine the genre of this eclectic masterpiece.


All songs composed by Chris Bell and Alex Chilton (except my favourite, the indian song by Andy Hummell).


most Amusing song: THIRTEEN

most Beautiful song: GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE

most Sexy song: FEEL

most Loving song: WHEN MY BABY'S BESIDE ME

most Growing Strong song: THE BALLAD OF EL GODO (Ain't No One Going to Turn Me Round)

most Smart song: ST100/6

most Mysterious song: THE INDIA SONG




Overall Album

6 sound

3 melodies

5 accompaniment

3 rythms

5 singin' feeling

5 playin' dynamics

1 concept

6 variation

3 lyrics

2 titles

4 order of tracks

3 cover picture

7 historical importance

= 53


I now give 1 to 7 in thirteen cathegories
where 3 is good
and total possible 7 X 13 = 91 never exist(?)






wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment