08 October 2012

FATS DOMINO !!!!


King of New Orleans Rock'n'Roll is pianoplayer Fats Domino, but also the name of a box, a box with four CD's of this Antoine "Fats" Domino.

Every piece is made in the early-middle side of the 50's, when boogie woogie was big. (And I've also realised they work good to do burlesque dance moves to.)

Among the 86 collected bricks, here's the 24 dominoes which I find most nice and get very happy to hear:




most BABY dominoes


1. LITTLE BEE

2. BOOGIE WOOGIE BABY

3. (BABY,) WHEN I SEE YOU

4. THE ROOSTER SONG (AIN'T THAT A SHAME)
(not to be confused with the song with that title)

5. THE BIG BEAT

6. LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL



most BLUE dominoes


7. MY BLUE HEAVEN

8. BLUE MONDAY

9. IF YOU NEED ME

10. CARELESS LOVE

11. BLUEBERRY HILL

12. WHAT'S THE REASON I'M NOT PLEASIN' YOU



most FAT dominoes


13. THE FAT MAN

14. HEY! FAT MAN

15. DON'T BLAME IT ON ME

16. DON'T YOU KNOW? (EVERY DAY I LOVE YOU MORE)

17. HEY! LA BAS BOOGIE

18. THE FAT MAN'S HOP



most BY BYE dominoes


19. AS TIME GOES BY

20. SECOND LINE JUMP

21. I'M WALKING

22. MARDI GRASS IN NEW ORLEANS

23. (ROSALIE,) I CAN'T GO ON

24. WHEN MY DREAMBOAT COMES HOME







Furthermore realise that not just Beatles [McCartney] made some Fats-inspired things. Other way around Domino himself covered some Beatles, like LADY MADONNA, LOVELY RITA and Everybody's got Something to Hide Except for Me And my Monkey, in contemporary years.

This I think is twice as nice as the original:
Domino makes Beatles
much also depening on the female soul choir






wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment