11 January 2011

Reminding Most of Beatles' Abbey

Resurrection 1969


Probably you've never heard The Aerovons, or even about them? Yet they've made a record, Resurrection, sounding more like Beatles than anything I've ever discovered. The main reason seems to be The Aerovons were invited to spent months in the same Abbey Road studios as the masters themselves. You immediately can hear that on the whole sound, and in every sound. The best there was (in sense of production) of british 1969 this album contains.

In spite of them being an american band, and the album never being released until later years, you could easily have thought you were listening to The Bealtes. Appearently so very much does the sound and social environment give rise to. Alan Parsons also in real time and place pointed out them as future beatlesque torch-bearers, which they never became since they went different ways after first album.

Onthe other hand Tom Hartman's compositions are truly beatleque too, without being bad copies, not even good copies, just charmingly personal imitations, really close inspired. Maily he sounds McCartney, but a bit of all influences can be retraced. However if Beatles had made exactly these melodies, I can see they never had grown as big and original as they did.

I now will figure out one Beatles song for each song on Resurrection, which I think shows the most similarity. Of course every Aerovons' track includes traces from at least four or five Bealtes' tracks. Anyway I try to hear the most arcetypical ones lying behind. The title track is most obvious, since it deals lyrical themes [paper cup] and unmistakable chords with Lennon's masterpiece, though if possible sounding more McCartneysque here.

A

1. World of You
reminds me of Hello Goodbye

2. Resurrection
reminds me of Across The Universe

3. Say Georgia
reminds me of Oh, Darling!

4. With Her
reminds me of And I Love Her

5. Quotes and Photos
reminds me of While My Guitar Gently Weeps

6. Words From a Song
reminds me of If I Fell (in love with you)

B

7. Bessy Goodheart
reminds me of Good Morning Good Morning

8. Something of Yours
reminds me of When I'm Sixty-four

9. She's Not Dead
reminds me of She Said She Said

10. The Years
reminds me of I Will

11. Everything's Alright
reminds me of Good Day Sunshine

12. The Children
reminds me of A Day in The Life










011

No comments:

Post a Comment