21 May 2016

SUPER by Pet Shop Boys


I'm most surprised they didn't make this album until now... (when they're almost pensioners) since it sounds like the most youthful essence of what PSB always has been?!


Feels like I super-like half of the tracks (1, 3, 5, (7) 9, 12)
and find very boring every second track (2, 4, 6, (8) 10, 11)


Wouldn't say it's their best album, no, far from... but seems objectively they hit something important as well as relaxed, cast in one piece of electronica (even though I experience it ambivalently).



most Soulful song: INNER SANCTUM

most Imaginative song: INTO THIN AIR

most Amusing song: HAPPINESS

most Beautiful song: SAD ROBOT WORLD

most Strong song: THE DICTATOR DECIDES *

most Sexy song (my favourite): TWENTY-SOMETHING (Hard to Beat)

most Grounded song: UNDERTOW



* Most interesting Lyrics

"For I have to appear to be strong
and that's wrong...

Today I met with the generals
and the head of my secret police,
discussing conspiracies
and prison facilities
for opponents I can never release
and there'll be no peace
until they're released......."



Whole Album

(4) compositions

(5) instrumentations

(5) singin' /playin' feelin'

(5) lyrics (incl titles)

(4) variation

(4) synchronization

(6) cover /concept

(5) historical importance

= 38


I now give 1-7 for each cathegory
where 3 is good and total possible 8 x 7 = 56 never exist(?)



Seventh Record Review since I turned fourty





0W0

No comments:

Post a Comment