27 May 2016

House of 70's Songs Recently (Re)discovered


from my third + fourth summer week



Roof Top

GOING FOR THE ONE
(incl Rehearsal version)

with Yes
by Jon Anderson



Front Door

WITHOUT YOU

with Harry Nilsson (not with Whitney)
by Badfinger's Tom Evans and Pete Ham



Hallway

NO MATTER WHAT
"I will always be with you"

with Badfinger
by Pete Ham



Kitchen

EVERYBODY'S HAPPY NOWADAYS

with Buzzcocks
by Pete Shelley



Workroom

EMPTY CITY

with Gentle Giant
by Shulman and Shulman and Minnear



Bathroom

HEY, LADY GODIVA
"Riding throughout town
...picked a funny place to hide"

with DR. HOOK & The Medicine Show
by Shel Silverstein



Parlour

SEASONS IN THE SUN
"But the wine and the song
like the seasons have all gone"

with Terry Jacks
by Terry Jacks
based on Jacques Brel



Living TV Room

ELSTREE
"part in a B-movie... I played a man from history"

[OK then, released in early 1980]

with The Buggles
by Geoffrey Downed and Trevor Horn



Bedroom

EASY FOR ME
"The boys never fought over her company
That made it easy for me"

with Ringo Starr
by Harry Nilsson



Attic

I SAW THE LIGHT

with The Raspberries
by Wally Bryson and Eric Carmen



Stairway

LIFE'S A LONG WAY TO RUN
"Time hasn't changed your ways
I guess that's why no one stays..."

with Izhar Cohen
by Maureen McGovern



Basement

OLD MAN
"You must remember me...
Look who's come to say goodbye...
Everybody dies."

with Randy Newman
by Randy Newman



Balcony (of Backyard)

I THINK IT'S GOING TO RAIN TODAY
"Broken windows and empty hallways...
Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles"

with Neil Diamond
by Randy Newman



Tool Shed

DRUNKEN BLUE ROOSTER

with Todd Rundgren
by Todd Rundgren



Play House

TANGO ALL NIGHT
"Rumba by moonlight
But when she showed us how, I almost lost my head
...we were hoping that her mama was away"

with Ringo Starr
by Ringo Starr and Vini Poncia

from Ringo The Fourth



Garden (Border to World)

MY FATHER
"My father always promised me
that we would live in France...
On his dreams like boats
we knew we would sail in time..."

with Nina Simone
by Nina Simone






0W0

No comments:

Post a Comment