04 November 2017

Face The Heat with Scorpions

Released in -93
Still don't know
wheter the record feels really good or quite bad
only sure it has potential to shine far more powerful
than it's reputation as a bleak shadow

When I was 18
during early -94 in my wildest winter ever
as I walked home from my friend cross a snowy graveyard
listened to some tracks here many times
(even more than Crazy World from three years before)
feeling like the "scorpion I am"
caught between control and fear
contempt and longing love

as my Autumn Album # 181
by kinda chakra based evaluation


most Soulful song : WOMAN ("I cannot live, I cannot die")

most Imaginative song : DESTIN [bonus track]

most Amusing song : NIGHTMARE AVENUE

most Beautiful song : UNDER THE SAME SUN

most Strong song : ALIEN NATION ("in the garden of Eden time is running out")

most Sexy song : HATE TO BE NICE

most Rooted song : LONELY NIGHTS ("I go back to the places we've been")


in my opinion (and many others?) they should've put in one more ballad
plus one more extremely hard in style of the opening track
and passed a pair of faster middle rockers to bonus material

though I often skipped half of the tunes
so now finally get a full impression
of the twelveth album by these german Scorpions

though I'm still like a stranger in the heavy metal world
I've felt more related to Scorpions than most other bands


Whole Album

(4) compositions

(4) instrumentations

(7) singin' /playin' feelin'

(4) lyrics (incl titles)

(5) variation

(2) synchronization

(5) cover /concept

(3) historical importance

= 34


I now give 1-7 for each cathegory
where 3 is good and total possible 8 x 7 = 56 never exist(?)


0W0

No comments:

Post a Comment