23 July 2014

Honest with Dave Stewart and his Spiritual Cowboys



Stewarts "solo" album from 1991 (short after Eurythmics) contains four of my favourite pieces ever. But maybe I'm the only one to choose the wildflower "You're Lost", the post-ELO:esque "Fade Away", the short intermezzo "Impossible" and most of all the surrealistic story "Cat With a Tail"?

First four tracks on the actual album I could easily have got along without - if he would've spared "Love Shines (on every little thing)" for this record. Maybe Dave could have been the sixth Travellling Willbury by that time?!



as my Summer Album 14 : 66


most Soulful song: (Find them all before they) FADE AWAY

most Mysterious song: IMPOSSIBLE

most Amusing song: CAT WITH A TAIL (a total stranger)

most Beautiful song: YOU'RE LOST (forever from my memory)

most Strong song: HERE SHE COMES

most Sexy song: FOOL'S PARADISE

most Grounded song: CROWN OF MADNESS



Reminds me most of
Peter Gabriel
Jeff Lynne
George Harrison




Overall Album

4 compositions

6 instrumentations

6 feeling

5 lyrics

3 synchronization + variation

3 concept (titles, cover)

7 historical importance

= 34


I now give 1-7 for each cathegory
where 3 is good and total possible 7 x 7 = 49 never exist(?)







wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment