26 March 2017

Electric Warrior with T. Rex

as my Spring Record # 17:1


Surprisingly enough I never really liked this album until now
when finally it's creativity, sharpness and beauty becomes clear
as I've been blind and deaf for this musical milestone and predecessor
- well, maybe I just gave it fewer attempts than I want to remember?


kinda chakra based evaluation

most Soulful song : LIFE'S A GAS

most Imaginative song : COSMIC DANCER

most Amusing song : THE JEEPSTER

most Beautiful song : GIRL

most Strong song : PLANET QUEEN

most Sexy song : MONOLITH

most Safe song : GET IT ON (BANG A GONG)



My impression is that it sounds like almost nothing else from 1971
though of course one can trace early glam + a big spectrum of styles
which it has given inspiration to more than derived inspiration from

Yet have to discover every else T. Rex record, but according to Electric Warrior
here are some artists I sense most similarities with :
David Bowie, Lou Reed, Queen, Roxy Music, Todd Rundgren, Per Gessle [Roxette], Belle & Sebastian, Arcade Fire, Sparks, Jefferson Airplane, John Lennon, Donovan, Harpo



Whole Album

(6) compositions

(7) instrumentations

(7) singin' /playin' feelin'

(4) lyrics (incl titles)

(5) variation

(6) synchronization

(3) cover /concept

(7) historical importance

= 45


I now give 1-7 for each cathegory
where 3 is good and total possible 8 x 7 = 56 never exist(?)


0W0

No comments:

Post a Comment