19 December 2015

The Magic Whip could be Best Album of this year


mighty well, as Amazon list suggests. BLUR is far from my acquaintance, never heard an album until now two decades after their heyday. Anyway this Magic Whip really turns out to be a masterpiece of creative balance :

very varied without being confusing + serious wihout being boring = hard to match?! So far just Wreckless Eric's AmERICa (a more entertaining comeback) meets same amount of interest in me.

Blur here Reminds me most of : Morrissey, Bowie, Elbow, Arcade Fire



most Soulful song: PYONGYANG (Seven Rockets)

most Imaginative song: THOUGHT I WAS A SPACEMAN

most Amusing song: I BROADCAST

most Beautiful song: NEW WORLD TOWERS

most Strong song: LONESOME STREET

most Sexy song: MY TERRACOTTA HEART

most Grounded song: THERE ARE TOO MANY OF US



Whole Album

(5) compositions

(6) instrumentations

(5) singin' /playin' feelin'

(5) lyrics (incl titles)

(7) variation

(5) synchronization

(1) cover /concept

(4) historical importance

= 38


I now give 1-7 for each cathegory
where 3 is good and total possible 8 x 7 = 56 never exist(?)


0W0

No comments:

Post a Comment