21 April 2014

Amazing Songs By The Monkees



Many many many rounds I've let The Monkees roll during last week. This happens through a big collection "The Works" including 68 tunes, which becomes a great part of everything from their nine main albums, from 1966-70.

How peculiar this is my first real meeting with The Monkees! Reminds me of every psychedelic bubblegum band I've ever had extremely easy to appreciate. The most tasteful band of them all seems to be the one I'm discovering last. (But feels like I've listened to Monkees in my past life...?)

Most songs are composed by Tommy Boyce + Bobby Hart, many by Michael Nesmith, yet alot by Gerry Goffin + Carole King,  and two gems by Neil Diamond. Only a few were penned by the monkey Micky Dolenz himself.

Now the 6 x 4 songs I like most, gets their recent place in this list:



1. Through The Looking Glass

2. Mary Mary

3. I'm a Believer

4. Randy Scouse Git

5. Words

6. Never Tell a Woman Yes



7. Daydream Believer

8. What Am I Doing Hangin' Round?

9. Writings Wrongs

10. (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone

11. I'll Be Back Upon My Feet

12. Daily Nightly



13. Look Out! (Here Comes Tomorrow)

14. Pleasant Valley Sunday

15. Valleri

16. Saturday's Child

17. Star Collector

18. Porpoise Song (Theme From Head)



19. Take a Giant Step (Outside Your Mind)

20. Listen to The Band

21. Don't Listen to Linda

22. Me Without You (You Without Me)

23. (Come Out of Your) Dream World

24. The Door into Summer







wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment