23 January 2014

No Parlez with Paul Young


1983 is for me an obscure time in music history, which I've never really dived into. Maybe just my lack of experience is the main reason - why I can't see more than a handful of great records?! But of course there are some (more than just by the established masters like Paul McCartney, Billy Joel and Yes' Jon Anderson):

Now I happen to discover Paul Young, who was given fresh material in the strange zone between soul pop and post new wave. The result compares almost to Duran Duran. A bunch of different composers, like Jack Lee and even Marvin Gaye, lies behind these pieces. "Love of The Common People" has been performed by even more different artist.



most Amusing song: LOVE OF THE COMMON PEOPLE

most Beautiful song: BROKEN MAN

most Sexy song: COME BACK AND STAY

most Loving song: LOVE WILL TEAR US APART

most Growing Strong song: IRON OUT THE ROUGH SPOTS

most Melancholic song: WHEREVER I LAY MY HAT (THAT'S MY HOME)

most Smart song: TENDER TRAP

most Mysterious song: KU KU KURAMA



as my Autumn Album 14 : 53


4 sound

5 melodies

6 accompaniment

4 rythms

3 singin' feeling

3 playin' dynamics

2 concept

7 variation

2 lyrics

2 titles

3 order of tracks

1 cover picture

6 historical importance

= 48


I now give 1 to 7 in thirteen cathegories
where 3 is good
and total possible 7 X 13 = 91 never exist(?)





wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment