21 January 2013

39 personal favourites penned by Lennon



1

Across The Universe

2

Nowhere Man

3

Mind Games

4

Strawberry Fields Forever

5

How?

6

Sexy Sadie

7

Norwegian Wood (this bird has flown)

8

Glass Onion

9

No. 9 Dream

10

Revolution 9

11

Oh My Love (for the first time...)

12

Instant Karma (We All Shine on)

13

Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds









14

Julia

15

Look at Me

16

Everybody's got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey

17

I'll Cry Instead

18

Watching the Wheels

19

In My Life

20

Love (is Real, Real is Love)

21

Woman

22

I Know (I Know)

23

Happiness is a Warm Gun

24

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

25

Hey Bulldog!

26

I Am The Walrus









27

I'm Only Sleeping

28

Cry Baby Cry

29

Steel And Glass

30

Isolation

31

HELP!

32

Jealous Guy

33

She Said She Said

34

Surprise Surprise (Sweet Bird of Paradox)

35

Ballad of John And Yoko

36

Out The Blue (you came to me)

37

Ticket to Ride

38

Remember

39

(Just Like) Starting Over









For example here I saw a favourite 40 Lennon list:
http://www.keno.org/john_lennon/Favorite40JLSongs.htm

I've choosen only 39 pieces
inspired by John's "love" for number nine
(even though he died forty)

and presented them in order of how well I believe they resonate with my own life, now and before now...

...since for Lennon as it seems, your individual experience was what's really real - although Love is more important than introspection.

I've tried to consider the lyrics as well as the feeling of each song, becoming some kind of archetypes. Well, these intentions may in the end be the same thing as how much I love each one (while Lennon's more explicitly political songs I don't really love).






wWw

No comments:

Post a Comment