03 August 2019

19 favourite Eurythmics tracks

so far in my experience
which soon will evolve...
here among songs made 1981-89


1. THERE MUST BE AN ANGEL
(PLAYING WITH MY HEART)

2. THORN IN MY SIDE

3. SHE'S INVISIBLE NOW

4. I COULD GIVE YOU (A MIRROR)
 
5. SYLVIA (into a deep deep sleep)

6. SWEET DREAMS (ARE MADE OF THIS)

7. REVENGE

8. THE KING & QUEEN OF AMERICA

9. SATELLITE OF LOVE
[cover of Lou Reed]

10. BETTER TO HAVE LOST IN LOVE
(THAN NEVER TO HAVE LOVED AT ALL)

11. DOUBLEPLUSGOOD

12. WHEN TOMORROW COMES

13. HERE COMES THE RAIN AGAIN

14. JENNIFER

15. BELINDA

16. YOU HAVE PLACED A CHILL IN MY HEART

17. ANGEL (Elvis... on a Sunday)

18. ADRIAN

19. LOVE IS A STRANGER



Almost half of what Stewart & Lennox so skillfully has created I still have a difficult time to really enjoy, neither in a superficial or deeper way. While some songs per album I love more and more, simultanously in a superficial and deeper way.

Strangely enough their most famous TOUCH I feel less for than other albums. Their first two In The Garden + Sweet Dreams I seem to hold highest, viewed as whole experiences. Revenge and Savage I've listened too little to to estimate, even though singles from there were my very first impressions of Eurythmics over Sky Channel aso, when I was eleven. So this list can soon change a bit.

We Two Are One I must have lent from the library as more of an adult, after buying Dave Stewarts solo works, also some years after. This was still long before discovering the roots of Eurythmics, including The Tourists. And Lennox' great voice + acting skills I'm just beginning to realise clearly now.



0W0

No comments:

Post a Comment